Monday, February 23

Some seriously good music, people.

Check out my "Hot Shuff" (short for hot shuffle... ha! I'm so clever with the half words!) play list! Do it. DO IT. There are some really really good songs on there! I promise. I personally think mixes are such a big deal. It's like looking into someones soul! I make my sister mixes - and she tells me she can tell how I'm feeling about life at that time. She's cool like that.

Here, I'll even get you started by highlighting one of the artists on my play list. His name is William Fitzsimmons and he is great. My most favorite song of his is on my play list: If You Would Come Back Home. It's gorgeous. Look it up on my play list or on his website. He seems like a rad guy and pretty talented I guess:


"William Fitzsimmons is one of the oddest people you will ever meet. Born the youngest child of two blind parents, William was raised in the outskirts of the steel city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Due to the family's inability to communicate through normal visual means, William's childhood home was filled with a myriad of sounds to replace what eyes could not see. The house was suffused with pianos, guitars, trombones, talking birds, classical records, family sing-a-longs, bedtime stories, and the bellowing of a pipe organ, which his father built into the house with his own hands. When his father's orchestral records were not resonating through the walls, his mother would educate him on the folk stylings of James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, and Simon & Garfunkel."


He's coming to Kilby Court on March 22... I may go. Come with. It'll be rad!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

You would make your sister mixes. you hate me.

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

I want a mix! With the hey ya song on it because I am totally in love with it! oh i am listening to it right now and totally love it. Sorry I havent been blog stocking lately so I haven't commented but the blog looks hot! Now will you get on gmail today? I need to know about last night...

Hey Care! said...

dear kate. you have yet to cease to amaze me with your coolenss. Just saying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails