Monday, May 11

Feed Me

When I was little, one of my favorite books was a book about a "hungry thing" that came to this town with a sign around his neck that read "Feed Me" on it. He would go around to all the people in this town and hold up the sign and point to his mouth. The people would then throw food in it.

Do we sometimes feel like this was me these last couple semesters? Yeah.

I would just like to say THANK YOU to all the people in my life who took such good care of me while I was a literal starving student. My parents, my brothers and sisters, my dear friends, my co-workers... you are all so great!

Specifically:

Mom and dad: thanks for letting me raid your fridge, freezer and cupboards. "Grocery shopping" at home is the best! Oh how I love mini pizzas, egg rolls and chicken nuggets. Thank you for the Sunday dinner leftovers (stimulus packages) that lasted me well into the week. Oh, and thank you for the candy, Mom. Oh how I love candy! Dad, thanks for the lunch money.

Thank you to the LDS Institute of Religion Lunch Deli. Your creamy chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl for only $2.50 rocked my world. I seriously need to find the recipe to it... so good!

Thank you to all the guys at work for buying lunch or breakfast for me randomly. One day I came to work and they had bought a box of Cup Noodles and had stacked them in a pyramid on my desk. So funny. They also gave me a $50 gift card to Zupas. Uh, thank you! Sheesh, that will definitely come in handy.

Thank you to my brothers and sisters for paying for my food on many many occasions and for always looking out for me.

I can't forget to thank my dates this last year. I'm sorry it didn't work out between us, but just know that I got through one more meal (and if I was lucky, leftover lunch the next day... sorry!) because of you! Sorry you had to feed someone else's wife...

Thanks to my cute friends for letting me mooch off their food all the time. Thanks to the Barths for their amazing generosity, the Elders for the yummy heartburny meals (love ya Teds!), my roommates who are always willing to feed me...

YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL! THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

So curry wednesday night it is and LOST. Prepare that heart burn!!!

The Gines Family said...

KTP....you rock my world! and i miss your guts! how did i not know you had a blog???? keep in touch!

Lee Cannon said...

Well... I am glad I could contribute a few times! Faustina's, when I get home, and left overs!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails