Friday, February 12

Alive and still Mormon


Geez it's been a crazy hard week! I'm excited for it to be over and done with!
This morning was the last of the stressfulness - I performed for a panel of professors at school and it was not fun! I feel like I did well, though. But there's always room for improvement. But I can breathe again! It's funny last night Aaron and I were talking about having to do hard things that you can't get out of and we both have funny ways of coping: He will tell himself, "It's gonna be ok because tonight you'll be alive and you'll get to sleep in your bed." Awesome that his place of safety and refuge is his bed. I can totally understand that sentiment - I love my bed more than anything! I, on the other hand, while dealing with hard things tend to think on more of an hour by hour basis - like last night as I was preparing, I thought, "Don't worry, by 10 am tomorrow it will all be over and you will still be alive." And as my dear friend, Sophie would say when asked if she was ok after a hard situation: I'm alive and still Mormon.

I think I will indulge myself today and go get a big bag of Coconut M&M's. It's been way too long since I've had them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails